What BJJ books do you own and how would you rank them? Here's my list:
1. Jiu-jitsu University by Saulo Ribeiro. Best BJJ book on the market. It truly reprsents BJJ as it is today.
2. Mastering Jujitsu by Renzo Gracie. Best book on the theories and concepts in BJJ. Very good writing and reading material.
3. The Path to the Black Belt by Rodrigo Gracie. Best book written on the fundamentals and learning process of BJJ. A very good student companion.
4. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu: The Master Text by Gene Simco. I know Gene has taken heat from people, but it doesn't take away from this book. Aside from the black and white photos, the book encompasses almost the entire spectrum of beginner to intermediate BJJ.
5. The Essential Guard by Rodrigo Medeiros and Kid Peligro. One of a handful of books that actually deals with open guard types and fighting from the bottom.
These are my top five picks. However, I do own a slew of BJJ books.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)