Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

silat:check list and acid test

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by husnira View Post
    salam...

    to all my friends out there...especially those who are keen in silat to learn the knife and kerambit....i would like to introduce u to a man that is well known for his effort in introducing the art of the secret weapon kerambit to the western world...mr.JAK OTHMAN...he is the one person that i really look up to in term of spreading the popularity of kerambit and knife usage in silat....in malaysia he runs the club by the name HARIMAU BERANTAI...or the chained tiger organization... i will try to find out more about mr JAK OTHMAN because it has been along time since i heard of him...what i know is he is one of the pioneers that took malaysian silat to the western world...and he is well known here in malaysia as a skillful kerambit master...hopefully to all my friend out there...like tant01....you have better insight on kerambit and knife play in silat...my greatest concern is that the art of the knife in kerambit and knife has been influenced by other form of martial arts and this would tarnish the purity of the art...please do realise that there are people out there that make martial arts as a form of income...either by dojo or books...in most cases...at the end of the day...the bills are not going to pay itself..and just to make things swing their way...the purity of the arts is not a priority....
    hopefully..this thread can shed some light and be a watch dog to all silat masters out there so that they think twice before making their own opinion on silat..
    salam.....
    Salam Husnira,

    Did you ever get in touch with Guru Jak? I know some of his former UK students have tried to get in touch in recent years but have had no success. I know some who would love to just say a quick hello to guru Jak.

    Harimau berantai is an excellent system by the way, but there are only a small number in the UK that were taught by Guru Jak. And yes, the serangan with rafil, belati & pisau are inspired.

    Guru Jak is something of a legend among his former UK students.

    Salam dan selamat malam semua.

    Comment


    • #32
      very interesting posts husnira! please do tell us more about silat...the topic on djin was very intriquing. what silat do you teach?

      Comment


      • #33
        Salam,

        I found footage of Guru Jak on Youtube demonstrating some of 'our' knife techniques. I'm sure Tanto will enjoy this

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunHTUinFUY

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Gajah Silat View Post
          Salam,

          I found footage of Guru Jak on Youtube demonstrating some of 'our' knife techniques. I'm sure Tanto will enjoy this

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunHTUinFUY
          Correct as usual my friend...

          Thanks for sharing.

          Comment


          • #35
            salam...my friends...

            tant01...how are you my old friend?...good to be back...i see the forum is thriving..many more have enjoyed the sweetness of silat...salam pendekar to all of you....
            without any disrespect to our moderator..i would like to recommend some links...such as...
            martialarts.com.my
            and
            silatmelayu.com
            please pay a visit there and may be it will give much more inside on silat and its legacy...

            zchaos wrote:

            "very interesting posts husnira! please do tell us more about silat...the topic on djin was very intriquing. what silat do you teach?"
            __________________

            i've taught several silat...for free of course...some from bugis..some from malaysia...now i'm a bit busy with the bigger fight...WORK...

            salam...

            Comment


            • #36
              Warmest greetings to you husnira, it has been a while! I am pleased to read you here again my friend.

              As always,

              ~R

              Comment


              • #37
                hi there...where do you teach?

                Originally posted by husnira View Post
                salam...my friends...

                tant01...how are you my old friend?...good to be back...i see the forum is thriving..many more have enjoyed the sweetness of silat...salam pendekar to all of you....
                without any disrespect to our moderator..i would like to recommend some links...such as...
                martialarts.com.my
                and
                silatmelayu.com
                please pay a visit there and may be it will give much more inside on silat and its legacy...

                zchaos wrote:

                "very interesting posts husnira! please do tell us more about silat...the topic on djin was very intriquing. what silat do you teach?"
                __________________

                i've taught several silat...for free of course...some from bugis..some from malaysia...now i'm a bit busy with the bigger fight...WORK...

                salam...

                Comment


                • #38
                  salam...

                  i used to teach back in my hometown....perak...a state in malaysia...now i'm in kuala lumpur...did you catch the jak othman's event on the web?...they did a national record for longgest duration of punching...

                  salam...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    no i didnt catch that?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I was once told:

                      "There is no Knife without Silat... There is no Silat without the Knife"

                      I enjoy your posts, but their structure is dizzying... can you break up the content a bit into paragraphs or something?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        What an interesting topic! Can you elaborate this technique?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          hey, Husnira
                          Stop trying to spread your damn religion ok? I'm a fellow Malaysian and I know all about your damn Malay culture and your dirty religion. You guys are the most hateful and racist assholes in the world. There's nothing you like better than to turn the whole world into Islam. You muslims have caused so much bloodshed in the world already and here you are doing propaganda to the naive westerners. Seems like you're doing a good work at it too. Because these naive Americans have the galls to critisize Christians while muslims carry on killing all over the world. And in Malaysia and Indonesia you oppress other beliefs and races. You guys are the biggest hypocrites there is. Always asking for people to respect you but you give no respect to others. You Americans have better wake up and stop trying to be so politically correct. Muslims are the aggressors, have been for centuries. Christians only want to defend themselves and you call us evil and excuse terrorists. You guys are warped in your head. Try to get this into your christian-hating left-leaning head - Muslims are the bad guys. Always had been. Always will be, until they make every non-muslim submit to them. Like how tant01 is doing now... kissing Muslims ass while they attack your country. Good work husnira. You made an American hate his own country and side with your bloodthirsty jihadists.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X