On the omniscience of God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the omniscience of God

Been watching a lot of Soteriology101 videos recently, in which Dr. Leighton Flowers consistently shows the errors of Calvinism, and promotes "Provisionism," which teaches that God has provided a way of salvation for mankind. (I definitely recommend listening to his shows on YT.)

But he pokes at the Open Theist camp (in love, of course) saying that he rejects our (as I am an Open Theist, too) view of God's omniscience, which is that God can know all things knowable, but also that God does not know the future. He obviously (because his show isn't really about Open Theism so much as it is Provisionism and attacking Calvinism,

I figured I'd start this thread to discuss what it means for God to be omniscient.​

After reading your posts here, I see why people say that faith is a deeply personal journey, and it's essential to approach these discussions with an open mind and a respectful attitude.

Comment

Your point about the omniscience of God and the issue of culpability is thought-provoking. It's a deep philosophical question that has puzzled theologians and thinkers for centuries. I appreciate your analogy—it really highlights the moral complexities involved.
      In my view, the concept of God's justice is indeed central to this discussion. It's challenging to reconcile the idea of a loving and just God with the notion of punishing individuals for actions they had no control over. It raises profound questions about free will and divine sovereignty.
      To delve deeper into this topic, you can also check this blog at https://whenyouneedgod.com/​

Comment

Your point about the omniscience of God and the issue of culpability is thought-provoking. It's a deep philosophical question that has puzzled theologians and thinkers for centuries. I appreciate your analogy—it really highlights the moral complexities involved.

Comment

Working...
        X