Cestari combatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cestari combatives

He really knew his stuff. A lot of the stuff he taught is what our system is based on, from the WWII combatives.

It's some very effective SD.

Comment

I've taught variations of these techniques to my kids, girlfriends and others who had interest in self preservation. It's not really self defense as much as self offense!

Always strike first!

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
        I've taught variations of these techniques to my kids, girlfriends and others who had interest in self preservation. It's not really self defense as much as self offense!

Always strike first!

And don't waste your time hitting hard things, aim for soft targets, proper set ups will guide the targets to areas you will be familiar with aiming for.

Comment

When he's explaining the begging of the "Rock Crusher" it reminds me of the hand positioning in Hsing Yi. Specifically San Ti posture taught by Sun Lu Tang.

Comment

Originally posted by kingoftheforest View Post
            When he's explaining the begging of the "Rock Crusher" it reminds me of the hand positioning in Hsing Yi. Specifically San Ti posture taught by Sun Lu Tang.

Fairbairn was in China for a time working with the Shanghai Police. I imagine he picked up more than a few tricks to compliment his Jujitsu.

Comment

I noticed that this has evolved past the shin scrape foot stomp, into moving yourself offline of the opponent with the angled step. Making sure you know your range helps place that foot in a more advantages position.

Gotta have that constant forward pressure as well to off balance the opponent.

Comment

Question is there any reason the target stands with his feet parallel ?

Comment

Demonstration purposes mostly, since typically both you and the target will be moving during an altercation. You have to learn the basic mechanics first and it's easier to see them this way.

If your opponent isn't moving in a real altercation than he's just gonna get railroaded. Where your opponents feet are placed is may change the overall dynamic but the movements are built with the consideration that your opponent isn't going to just let you do this.

However once again he is demonstrating and teaching the basic mechanics of the movement in a large frame so everyone can understand all the concepts involved in just this set of movement.

Body placement and positioning, how it effects the opponents skeletal, and muscular systems.

Comment

I understand, makes sense especially when filming or doing a large demonstration.

I allways wondered if Fairbairn ever laid eyes on an Arkansas toothpick, the F/S knife allways reminded me of a scaled down Arkansas toothpick.

Comment

Well a bowie knife is a good fighter, Fairborne had more of a dagger in mind when they came up with F/S knife from what i understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X