New knife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New knife...

Nothing fancy but I picked up a Spiderco folder recently... Nice little blade. I also got a new Ka-Bar fixed blade in a "big brother" model. Not sure if I like the serrated back blade but my buddy at work liked it so it's his now. I like the little "rookie" folder. Solid little unit. It's got green G-10 scales and vg10 steel blade. Seems like it should hold up well for the abuse I typically give my knives.

In fact I like so well I also ordered a JD Smith model with the same features.

And then I ordered another one for my GF. Her's is a limited edition Delica with pink handle.

More to follow...

Boo this thread is worthless without pics. LOL.

Comment

The ka-bar is gone... Google "big brother" It's a giant standard ka-bar fighter with black handle. I'll shoot a few to post up when the other two spidies get here.

Comment

I have a g10 handle, of a Byrd , does yours open perfectly smoothly or does it grind slightly?

Mine started grinding so i hand to remove a washer.

Comment

and yea, this is worthless without pics

Comment

Originally posted by 7r14ngL3Ch0k3 View Post
            I have a g10 handle, of a Byrd , does yours open perfectly smoothly or does it grind slightly?

Mine started grinding so i hand to remove a washer.
            My little Rookie is smooth as butter if a bit tight.

Comment

If the old adage that you get what you pay for holds true, I'd tend not to expect much from a less expensive tool.

Comment

Ka-Bar Big Brother... link to knife center dot com. KA-BAR Big Brother Fighting / Utility Knife 9-5/16" Double Edge Plain and Serrated Blade, Black Kraton G Handles, Black Leather Sheath - Knifecenter.com

Comment

Rookie Review...(by bikesgunsandknives)

Mine locks up solid and was shaving sharp out of the box. This model is discontinued.

Comment

On the way I have a JD Smith model, also a "sprint run" in green G-10... Another link to knife center dot com Spyderco JD Smith 3-7/8" VG10 Steel Plain Edge with G10 Handle Model C58GPFG - Knifecenter.com

Comment

And lastly, also on the way (due to arrive today) this little bugger. Photo compliments of Amazon dot com.

Amazon.com: Spyderco Seki Japan Delica VG10 Steel Pink Handle Knife Limited Edition: Sports & Outdoors

Comment

Happy now?

Comment

I'm betting the pink one is secretly yours.

Comment

Ain't it pretty? I'd never lose it on the farm! LOL

Comment

The JD Smith is bigger than expected. Big is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X