Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fully serrated ones better.

Comment

To each his/her own. Frankly I have no use for serrations...

Comment

Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
        To each his/her own. Frankly I have no use for serrations...
        If it is going to be mainly a utility knife I don't mind some serrtions otherwise, I'm with you tant.

Comment

I keep a serrated utility in the glove box in case I need to rip a seat belt off in a hurry but my plain edge will do it just as fast if it stays sharp. There's a reason and a season for everything under the sun but I just never found a NEED for that style of blade.

~R

Comment

I have a tool that doubles as a light and window punch inside the center counsel, it also has a section that is angled and has a razor specifically for cutting the belt. Sometimes the glove box is too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by kingoftheforest View Post
              I have a tool that doubles as a light and window punch inside the center counsel, it also has a section that is angled and has a razor specifically for cutting the belt. Sometimes the glove box is too far away.
              Is THAT right? I have one like that! Mine has a tire pressure gauge TOO! In a collision anything lose will become random projectiles bouncing off surfaces while things in a compartment remain contained. If you survive the initial impact/trauma and still have faculties, more power to you. Use that glass breaker and seat belt cutter! Extricate YOURSELF so paramedics/ERT won't cut your clothes off!

LOL

Comment

Is THAT right? I have one like that! Mine has a tire pressure gauge TOO! In a collision anything lose will become random projectiles bouncing off surfaces while things in a compartment remain contained. If you survive the initial impact/trauma and still have faculties, more power to you. Use that glass breaker and seat belt cutter! Extricate YOURSELF so paramedics/ERT won't cut your clothes off!

LOL
                Geez. that'd be embarrassing all banged up and half naked in the middle of the street surrounded by flashing lights and everyone gawking.

Says a lot for being prepared and being smart about it.

And I bet that pressure gauge comes in real handy lol.

Happy father's day BTW.

Comment

I gave that JD Smith to my buddy Paul on Friday! He was stoked but I don't think he knows just what he's got yet... Since this was a "sprint run" there are only 1,199 other knives like it in the world. It will join the sprint run Rookie as a collector's item soon.

I hope it will serve him well for many years to come!

Comment

what are you using it on people or something hahahhahahhah *tapers into nervous laughter*

Comment

Actually... My buddy Jerry that got the Ka-Bar has cut himself with it twice already... Other than that? Not really much call for cutting folks.

Comment

I'm 50/50 on serrations. I figure if I ever need to cut through a seat-belt, leather, or denim serrations and a curved blade are a good idea. That being said, I find them less than aesthetically appealing.

I gots new knives too:
                        A (all passable) knock off Spyderco Gunting, a knock off Lapu Corto, a knock-off of an Emerson super commander, and a knock off of an Al Mar warrior. Now if only I can find a knock off Spydie Civilian or Harpy...thank you China!

Comment

Dude... Don't waste your money on imports.

Comment

Dude... Don't waste your money on imports.
                            Seriously, do you really want a knife that will break off when you need it most. And serrations can do a lot of irreparable damage , all I'm sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland View Post

I gots new knives too:
                              A (all passable) knock off Spyderco Gunting, a knock off Lapu Corto, a knock-off of an Emerson super commander, and a knock off of an Al Mar warrior. Now if only I can find a knock off Spydie Civilian or Harpy...thank you China!

Sadly patent laws don't extend to China but it should still be illegal to import knock offs into the USA. You're supporting a black market of sorts. You can find knock offs of every style and name (brand) but they all have one thing in common, inferior materials, workmanship and blatant ripoff of the REAL knife makers.

I recently picked up two new spiderco knives. Endura #087 v and #167 v (made in the USA)

Comment

Sadly patent laws don't extend to China but it should still be illegal to import knock offs into the USA. You're supporting a black market of sorts. You can find knock offs of every style and name (brand) but they all have one thing in common, inferior materials, workmanship and blatant ripoff of the REAL knife makers.

I recently picked up two new spiderco knives. Endura #087 v and #167 v (made in the USA)

What kind of steel is the blade and liner?

Comment

Working...
                                X