Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tant01
    replied
    I recently got a black handle Millie and gifted it to my buddy PG. Also got myself a Para II with DC scales to match my Military. OH, and another Endura as a gift for another coworker>

The bender continues...

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    Gave the brown endura to my friend, bought another endura with ZDP-189 blade, gave that to a co-worker, gave the para to my buddy Rich, got another delica for my GF and yesterday I got my new Military (digicam scales black pe blade in CPM s30v)

I'm on a spiderco bender! LOL

http://www.spyderco.com/pix/products...36GCMOBK_L.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    Originally posted by kingoftheforest View Post
    What kind of steel is the blade and liner?

It's a simple back lock. the handle is composite (g-10) the steel is VG-10 (made in Japan)

It's a very reasonably priced chunk of folding cutlery.

Today I got a para-military Spiderco knife with CPM S30V blade.

Leave a comment:

• kingoftheforest
    replied
    Originally posted by Tant01 View Post
    Sadly patent laws don't extend to China but it should still be illegal to import knock offs into the USA. You're supporting a black market of sorts. You can find knock offs of every style and name (brand) but they all have one thing in common, inferior materials, workmanship and blatant ripoff of the REAL knife makers.

I recently picked up two new spiderco knives. Endura #087 v and #167 v (made in the USA)

What kind of steel is the blade and liner?

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    Originally posted by Garland View Post

I gots new knives too:
    A (all passable) knock off Spyderco Gunting, a knock off Lapu Corto, a knock-off of an Emerson super commander, and a knock off of an Al Mar warrior. Now if only I can find a knock off Spydie Civilian or Harpy...thank you China!

Sadly patent laws don't extend to China but it should still be illegal to import knock offs into the USA. You're supporting a black market of sorts. You can find knock offs of every style and name (brand) but they all have one thing in common, inferior materials, workmanship and blatant ripoff of the REAL knife makers.

I recently picked up two new spiderco knives. Endura #087 v and #167 v (made in the USA)

Leave a comment:

• kingoftheforest
    replied
    Dude... Don't waste your money on imports.
    Seriously, do you really want a knife that will break off when you need it most. And serrations can do a lot of irreparable damage , all I'm sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    Dude... Don't waste your money on imports.

Leave a comment:

• Garland
    replied
    I'm 50/50 on serrations. I figure if I ever need to cut through a seat-belt, leather, or denim serrations and a curved blade are a good idea. That being said, I find them less than aesthetically appealing.

I gots new knives too:
    A (all passable) knock off Spyderco Gunting, a knock off Lapu Corto, a knock-off of an Emerson super commander, and a knock off of an Al Mar warrior. Now if only I can find a knock off Spydie Civilian or Harpy...thank you China!

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    Actually... My buddy Jerry that got the Ka-Bar has cut himself with it twice already... Other than that? Not really much call for cutting folks.

Leave a comment:

• 7r14ngL3Ch0k3
    replied
    what are you using it on people or something hahahhahahhah *tapers into nervous laughter*

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    I gave that JD Smith to my buddy Paul on Friday! He was stoked but I don't think he knows just what he's got yet... Since this was a "sprint run" there are only 1,199 other knives like it in the world. It will join the sprint run Rookie as a collector's item soon.

I hope it will serve him well for many years to come!

Leave a comment:

• kingoftheforest
    replied
    Is THAT right? I have one like that! Mine has a tire pressure gauge TOO! In a collision anything lose will become random projectiles bouncing off surfaces while things in a compartment remain contained. If you survive the initial impact/trauma and still have faculties, more power to you. Use that glass breaker and seat belt cutter! Extricate YOURSELF so paramedics/ERT won't cut your clothes off!

LOL
    Geez. that'd be embarrassing all banged up and half naked in the middle of the street surrounded by flashing lights and everyone gawking.

Says a lot for being prepared and being smart about it.

And I bet that pressure gauge comes in real handy lol.

Happy father's day BTW.

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    Originally posted by kingoftheforest View Post
    I have a tool that doubles as a light and window punch inside the center counsel, it also has a section that is angled and has a razor specifically for cutting the belt. Sometimes the glove box is too far away.
    Is THAT right? I have one like that! Mine has a tire pressure gauge TOO! In a collision anything lose will become random projectiles bouncing off surfaces while things in a compartment remain contained. If you survive the initial impact/trauma and still have faculties, more power to you. Use that glass breaker and seat belt cutter! Extricate YOURSELF so paramedics/ERT won't cut your clothes off!

LOL

Leave a comment:

• kingoftheforest
    replied
    I have a tool that doubles as a light and window punch inside the center counsel, it also has a section that is angled and has a razor specifically for cutting the belt. Sometimes the glove box is too far away.

Leave a comment:

• Tant01
    replied
    I keep a serrated utility in the glove box in case I need to rip a seat belt off in a hurry but my plain edge will do it just as fast if it stays sharp. There's a reason and a season for everything under the sun but I just never found a NEED for that style of blade.

~R

Leave a comment:

Working...
X