MT:Had first ever bujinkan class- initial thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MT:Had first ever bujinkan class- initial thoughts

Had first ever bujinkan class- initial thoughts By combatisshinryu - 07-30-2013 05:21 PM

=========

So my MA background has been primarily judo, bjj, and isshinryu. Saw a buj training group and went to a class. Definitely different from what I am used to. I see potential in the training and am actually attracted by some of the more esoteric aspects. That being said, I think that along the way somewhere the bujinkan practitioners de-emphasized certain aspects of training that i feel impact the effectiveness.

First is physical attributes. I believe the system used to emphasize "junan taiso" which I believe was physical attribute training. The training I see in most videos has an aikido like feel to it. The training I see that I like the best so far is the AKBAN folks.

I plan to continue training to see if it is a good fit for me but I certainly can see where I would need to do alot of training on my own with the techniques outside of the buj class to bring in an element of intensity.

Read More ... or click reply below.
    ------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - Ninjitsu Feed

Interesting that I did not post this topic, so who is pretending to be me>?

Comment

They did the same thing to me. Someone is hacking into accounts or something.

Comment

Working...
      X