Comfortable Fighting Range:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortable Fighting Range:

At what fighting range are you most comfortable??
    Out of range is my first choice, but it's not an option.
    Long: Kicking, Jump kicking range
    11.43%
    Med: Punching range
    40.00%
    Close: Knee or Elbow range
    37.14%
    Too Close: Wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu
    11.43%

Because "out of range" isn't an option.
    I would attempt to get in very close (elbow range or closer) and strike until it was over, or get in very close, start striking and then wake up in the hospital
    Either way elbow range for me!!!

Comment

Kenpodog, I like both punching and elbow/knee range about equally, but I will vote punching range.

In punching range, you are also in low kick range.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yum
        Kenpodog, I like both punching and elbow/knee range about equally, but I will vote punching range.

In punching range, you are also in low kick range.
        Voted punching range for the same reason.

Comment

I'm going with knee/elbow range:

In my experience, folks often don't know what to do when you get that close, clinch and knee -knee -knee! Then ROAR LOUDLY AS THEY COWER IN FEAR AAAARERRGHHHHH!!! um yeah, so clinch and knee - which also makes leg sweeps and hip throws easier.

Comment

I'll admit it, I'm the one person who voted long range. Reason being that as a 5'4 female, my fighting style is "don't get hit," as opposed to some big guys I know that will get hit a bunch of times so they can hurt their opponent more.

Obviously the situation will dictate range and one should be comfortable in a wide variety of ranges, but I like the mobility, ability to evade effectively, etc.

Comment

Mine was punching range. For obvious reasons afore mentioned...

Comment

Kicking Range...

Cos you shouldn't worry about kick's!

Seriously tho...3 step's distance..

I wonder how many theorie's there are on "distance".

Comment

Originally posted by gregimotis
                  I'm going with knee/elbow range:
                  In my experience, folks often don't know what to do when you get that close, clinch and knee -knee -knee! Then ROAR LOUDLY AS THEY COWER IN FEAR AAAARERRGHHHHH!!! um yeah, so clinch and knee - which also makes leg sweeps and hip throws easier.
                  How was the Thai camp, gregi?

Comment

I like the knee/elbow range. Not meaning I use a lot of it. But there are a lot of different strikes that you could deliver to your opponent at this range. And as mentioned earlier this is good for sweeps and a good take down technique. And if he takes me down, Im confident of my ground skills.

Comment

nice answer the situation will dictate range and you should have a comfortable feeling with all ranges but its human instinct to prefer one over the other.If opponent has great jab his defence is tight then you dont really want to be at a punching range with him.Its probably wise to get in close elbow knee sweep etc the closer you get to a person the greater the damage you are able to inflict this also gives you an opportunity to end it quicker if you are prepared.

Comment

'd perfer to stay away... waaay away. hehe

But if need be I'm sure I can do some smell-you- breath close range kicks maybe to the chin or nose and get decent power out of them, admitidly I've never tried to kick anyone like that though, I'll proably end up kneeing myself in the chest in the process and whine and btch. lol

Comment

Close range is the only range, all the rest are illusions or momentary as a fighter closes in.

Comment

fighting in close range leads into a grappling range or the "too close range"

Comment

It's all good.

If I had to pick one though, it would be clinch range.

Comment

Working...
                              X