Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick(s) of the trade...

On weak counterpart position:

Outside of the excellent book by Steve Tarani about the Karambit there is very little information available about a little known tactic he calls "Weak counterpart position". A google search on weak counterpart position will bring you here to Mousel's forum if you add "silat"!

There are a couple of interesting posts in a thread I started some time ago about the strategy of deception and how it can be applied in various styles of martial arts.

http://www.defend.net/deluxeforums/s...24000#poststop

.... an old Silat trick to make your adversary think you pose no threat. It's more than a position (like the gaurd), it's a concept of tricking your opponent into thinking he has the superior position, until you decide the proper time to secure your victory. It's the ultimate feint! A way to draw in the predator so your weapons are most effective. A simple thing like a kind of hesitation, a little limp or deliberate slowness to the things you do. So it's more than a concept too, it's a way to implant a false sense of confidence and a technique of presenting misinformation to feed the ego of the enemy.

This old guy with a cane for example, crippled or stick grappler? You decide!

Originally posted by Tant01
    On weak counterpart position:

Outside of the excellent book by Steve Tarani about the Karambit there is very little information available about a little known tactic he calls "Weak counterpart position". A google search on weak counterpart position will bring you here to Mousel's forum if you add "silat"!

There are a couple of interesting posts in a thread I started some time ago about the strategy of deception and how it can be applied in various styles of martial arts.

http://www.defend.net/deluxeforums/s...24000#poststop

.... an old Silat trick to make your adversary think you pose no threat. It's more than a position (like the gaurd), it's a concept of tricking your opponent into thinking he has the superior position, until you decide the proper time to secure your victory. It's the ultimate feint! A way to draw in the predator so your weapons are most effective. A simple thing like a kind of hesitation, a little limp or deliberate slowness to the things you do. So it's more than a concept too, it's a way to implant a false sense of confidence and a technique of presenting misinformation to feed the ego of the enemy.

This old guy with a cane for example, crippled or stick grappler? You decide!
    Hehehe "appear inept or injured" I have a nice hickory cane with a chrome skull head i call "Bonk." Its funny how often people try the old guy with the cane, then get indignant when they realize i baited them in

Comment

Kenpodog recently mentioned "steriotypical advantage" of the walking cane and it reminded me of the old post.

What is the "appear inept or injured" quoted from?

Thanks.

Comment

Tant01,
        Thanks for the additional info

Comment

Working...
        X