Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any good TKD vs Karate fights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any good TKD vs Karate fights?

Anyone know of any good TKD vs Karate fights?

If you have any information and details between TKD master and karate master, that'd be great.

genki sudo fought the olympic tkd champion in K-1, it was a cool fight.

Genki Sudo isnt strictly a karateka though, but i think his stand up fight style is mostly kyok....maybe wrong though.

anywho, sudo won by KO from a spinning back fist.

Comment

I hope everyone knows that fight was a complete set up.

Genki Sudo and the "TKD guy" were both kickboxers. The Korean guy was a crappy kickboxer goaded into saying that he was TKD just so the Japanese guys could prove how weak TKD was.

This scandal was exposed long ago...

Comment

Originally posted by tkd_person89
        I hope everyone knows that fight was a complete set up.

Genki Sudo and the "TKD guy" were both kickboxers. The Korean guy was a crappy kickboxer goaded into saying that he was TKD just so the Japanese guys could prove how weak TKD was.

This scandal was exposed long ago...
        I actually heard the same thing....but either way Genki Is the man.

Comment

????? no, it was the korean TKD gold medalist.

Comment

Kim Jingwu is his name. and i'm sure sudo has experience in Karate, he def used some kyok techniques in that fight and in others.

Comment

No it wasn'ta gold medalist. He was paid to say that to feed some Japanese egos.

He wasn't TKD - AT ALL!!!

You could actually tell if you analyze the video, because that guy had no idea wtf he was doing. It was actually kind of obvious that he was TRYING to do TKD but actually could not.\

And also, let's plese get back to the original topic here.

Comment

I think this is the guy, check out the bottom of the page mens heavy wieght gold medalist at the 2000 olympics.

Comment

here is a link about him

Full list of Olympic athletes, including Simone Biles, Naomi Osaka and Michael Phelps. Follow your favourite Olympic heroes on their journey to the games.

Comment

No. That is not the guy.

People complain about Olympic sparring but even Olympic people know how to adjust between competition and fight. A medalist in TKD is going to be fairly skilled.

Genki Sudo wouldn't have wasted a skilled medalist so quickly, more evidence that the guy Genki Sudo fought wasn't really a TKD medalist.

Comment

I'm not 100% convinced, but i have researching on the net and there does seem to be alot of controversy.

Apparently he was a korean muay thai fighter who was paid to fight like tkd fighter as the actual gold medalist pulled out.

Comment

Muay thai? I thought it was regular Kickboxing.

... Hm

Well, anyway my point is all that video's proved is that that Korean guy is a disgrace who sold out his own country. That weakass of a Kickboxer tried to pass off as a true TKD artist but got backfisted HARD by Genki Sudo, a true representative of the Korean guy's art - Kickboxing.

I'm disappointed that the Korean man agreed to be paid off.
                        I'm also disappointed with the men/women that bribed this guy to fan the flame of Japanese egos.

Comment

Oh and somebody mentioned Kyokushin...

Genki Sudo is a kickboxer, I believe, before he is a karateka.

Comment

i found a really cool clip of a tkd vs shaolin.

you have to register at fightauthority.com, and click on video clips then free clips and its on the huge list of vids.

Should be easy to find if you use Ctrl + F

Comment

its the sixth from bottom actually

Comment

Working...
                              X