X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss* up
    replied
    Originally posted by Itachi View Post
    my last torniment was a month ago. I won by K.O, The whole fight i think i might have countered 1 time and that was with a reverse side kick that made him go to his knees. I later in the round hit him with my right leg that was in back into his nose when he was lunging in and broke it : / didnt mean to win like that & i didnt need it either the score was 14 - 2 made me look like a head hunter
    Ouch!, Glad that wasn't me out there hehe but if it was me you would have got whipped! (I'm j/k)

Leave a comment:

• Itachi
    replied
    my last torniment was a month ago. I won by K.O, The whole fight i think i might have countered 1 time and that was with a reverse side kick that made him go to his knees. I later in the round hit him with my right leg that was in back into his nose when he was lunging in and broke it : / didnt mean to win like that & i didnt need it either the score was 14 - 2 made me look like a head hunter

Leave a comment:

• Boss* up
    replied
    The best idea for me not saying it is going to work for every 1 is i attack right from the begining then 2nd round i start off with a strong combo attack then go into defence playing mind games is the best way to win in my eyes.
    Hehehe it's funny because my stratagy was to get 2 points with a turning kick right off the back but the girl came in stronger than I expected so I moved around a little bit, tricks here and there but I only loss by 1 point (sooo close).Anyway, yeah mind games work.

Leave a comment:

• Itachi
    replied
    The best idea for me not saying it is going to work for every 1 is i attack right from the begining then 2nd round i start off with a strong combo attack then go into defence playing mind games is the best way to win in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Boss* up
    replied
    Yea being prey is very stressful if that is the word? but after i while i know that when i practice with my sparring partners (not in torniment) when i try to counter and only counter i tend to freeze up because i am not moving around trying differnt positions.
    Exactly some times that happens with me also.

Leave a comment:

• Itachi
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfGz35FyV0U

This video will show all of the differnt types of fighting. All are effective just watch the tech they use. This is WTF olympic style also this was the last summer olympics in athens. There are a couple steve lopez clips ^_^

Leave a comment:

• kuk sool won
    replied
    Being a counterfighter is definately the hardest of the three. You really do need to outclass your opponent and can't rely on getting a lucky punch in.

Though this is by far NOT the best example of counterfighting but it still does display some of the gears in which is needed to fight on the counter sucessfully. Skip to the second round about 8/9 minutes in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sQa7vLvA8FI

Although this was a mismatch and Masato completely destroyed him especially with leg kicks he still does counterfight in parts. Could anyone find a better example and post it please?

Leave a comment:

• Itachi
    replied
    Yea being prey is very stressful if that is the word? but after i while i know that when i practice with my sparring partners (not in torniment) when i try to counter and only counter i tend to freeze up because i am not moving around trying differnt positions.

Leave a comment:

• Boss* up
    replied
    Agreed, I'd say I'm the counterfighter because I usually will wait for the opponent to attack but I gotta stop doing that.I got to not be the prey but be the predator.I love the sparring challenge though.

Leave a comment:

• Itachi
    replied
    sparring for me I dont do to much of each. In the begining i like to send a few skiping round houses that i am cautious of and i watch their foot work. If they are jumpy then fake them out till they dont think your coming in. I also like using the punch chest block the foot they kick with also, this puts space between us stops their foot then gets a point most of the time. Reverse side kick at least one time they always fall for it when they are lunging in. If they wont attack then go for it and back leg round house follow up with a reverse side just in case. I cant say i like one style of sparring all of them are used in one fight.

Leave a comment:

• WildWest.
    replied
    A little bit big.

I guess when I said the runner I meant the guy on the street who runs away rather than in a sparring situation. Just me being a little silly.

Leave a comment:

• GranFire
    replied
    totaly off the mark...is my banner too big for display?

Leave a comment:

• kuk sool won
    replied
    Originally posted by WildWest. View Post
    What about the guy who runs away??
    thats number 3 'the runner'

Leave a comment:

• GranFire
    replied
    Originally posted by WildWest. View Post

Dangerous....the next round you get your tail kicked ...

Leave a comment:

• WildWest.
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X