Body shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shots

Meh, I took a couple solid punches square to the sternum today...last time I got hit right on the short ribs on the right side.

I know, I need to block :

Anyhow...I am feeling a little sickly about it...no throw up sick but blah..

I guess I am just whining...and wondering if anybody else has experienced something like it - not the body shots, but feeling unwell after. Mind you, we only sparr with light to medium contact and don't wear a chest guard! (Might have toget one if I don't learn how to block!)

I had my sternum more precisely my zyphoid process broken by a body shot. and I can say it didn't feel good.

Comment

I have been told that (MIL cracked hers in a car wreck)

I am not feeling bad, just kinda icky. Hard to describe. (but the hits to the ribs - any further to the middle, I'd blown chunks for sure...)

Usually I daon't have to worry about my fellow warrior women wannabees to het me too hard, but man, I need to BLOCK! <SIGH>

Comment

Getting hit sucks. You may want to try homeopathic arnica (or arnica salve.) I just bought like five tubes to give out the guys I train with.

Blocking is good. Hopefully you have decent training partners who help you solidify form with your blocks in a controlled environment before sparring (even if it's just light to medium contact.) Drills should be progressive and challenging but do those before sparring.

I think you can buy chest guards on the Ringside boxing site.

Good luck! Hands up!!!!

Comment

( iamainstructorintraining )

And the Boss would really put the hurt on me should I show up with extra gear! ;D

ARNIKA! Why did I not think about it! Got some somewhere....

Need to hit the gym and build up some muscle...SIGH!

But all kidding aside. Can a soso kick to - the liver - kinda make you feel queezy for a spell. I understand a solid hit there can drop you like nothing flat, but just a tab?

(Damn, I hate getting old! Twenty years ago non of that would have phased me! )

Comment

i got kicked by spin back kick right in my stomach that sent me flying across the ring one time during a sparring session

Comment

I've never felt sick, but after one particularly hard sparring session my ribs hurt every time I coughed, laughed or sneezed for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Don't rely on blocking so much. Use more parries and footwork. Get the hell out of the way. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Lu View Post
                  I've never felt sick, but after one particularly hard sparring session my ribs hurt every time I coughed, laughed or sneezed for a couple of weeks.
                  Cracked rib! Man I swear it's going around right now! (But everybody else does it coughing )

Comment

There's a really good mass gain program in the Performance Menu that I've been doing--I've only been doing it for five weeks and I gained some muscle pretty darn quickly. You can download an issue for free, so if you haven't yet it's issue #17
                    http://www.performancemenu.com/backi...ue&issueNum=17

Yeah, liver kicks can and do hurt for a while. Arnica helps!! If I know I'm really gonna get pounded, I'll do some arnica as a preventative before I go in.

Comment

Originally posted by treelizard View Post
                      There's a really good mass gain program in the Performance Menu that I've been doing--I've only been doing it for five weeks and I gained some muscle pretty darn quickly. You can download an issue for free, so if you haven't yet it's issue #17

Yeah, liver kicks can and do hurt for a while. Arnica helps!! If I know I'm really gonna get pounded, I'll do some arnica as a preventative before I go in.

Thanks!

I'll check it out!

@ Hardball: I hear you! It's the best way to avoid getting hit: don't be there when it lands!

Comment

Ok, we've talked about the bad body shots, now let's talk about the good ones...
                        Last edited by Tom Yum; 01-31-2007, 04:45 PM.

Comment

~~~~...^_^...~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by treelizard View Post

I downloaded and printed it, but there is so much I don't understand, fitness lingo evades me currently (heaven knows, I have a hard enough time to sound half way intelligent and not like a babbling fool...)

Arnika, where is my Arnika.....

Comment

Originally posted by GranFire View Post
                              I downloaded and printed it, but there is so much I don't understand, fitness lingo evades me currently (heaven knows, I have a hard enough time to sound half way intelligent and not like a babbling fool...)
                              Don't worry, I've asked the dumbest questions to the guys who wrote that and they are always spelling out everything for me. Or if you want I can answer any questions as I'm on the 5th week of that program.

Comment

Working...
                              X