Bad position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bunyip
    Have you tried this against an actual grappler? I suspect in the best case you will fail, and in the worst case end up triangle choked into oblivion.

...I did say...This sounds like a typical school-yard bully tactic...easy to do with practice.

Comment

Originally posted by 47MartialMan
      ...I did say...This sounds like a typical school-yard bully tactic...easy to do with practice.
      May all our attackers be this inept!

Comment

Originally posted by BoarSpear
        May all our attackers be this inept!
        Some are. But others are well-rounded fighters

Comment

all right...point made.
          I need to start training ground.
          I'm mostly a Muay Thai guy, and an FMA guy...
          But when I'm on my back, mostly when the guy is in full mount...I feel like a turtle on it's back.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland
            all right...point made.
            I need to start training ground.
            I'm mostly a Muay Thai guy, and an FMA guy...
            But when I'm on my back, mostly when the guy is in full mount...I feel like a turtle on it's back.
            dude thats the first step! you have located a weakness in your skills...invest 6 months and fill the gap in your knowledge. Things you need work on are often the things u dislike the most imagine that! get comfortable with the ground and most importantly how they get you there....understanding a threat makes it defensible... oops i went and made a serious post...

Comment

dude if this was the problem you were having im beginning to understand all the trouble you were having escaping....i might have to work on this escape awhile muh self...write in get some advice try again later...might not ever figure it out..
              http://www.big-boys.com/articles/girlbeatsguy.html

Comment

the escape that is mentioned for this situation (even though the perp may not be a particularly skilled grapplerhe was good enough at attacking people to get her in that position in the first place and while she is trying this escape what will the perpbe doing? either choking her to death or slamming her head into the concrete until she ends all active resistance.(or dies) this move would have to be practices alot!! while being stuck or choked to be able to perform it effectivly under duress

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brewer
                  Boar,
                  I agree with you wholeheartedly in concept. But this particular position could be escaped by a 7 year-old with a chronic back injury and a near incapacitating case of the flu. Really. It's unbelievably easy to get out, just by turning the arms so that one is beneath his shin bone (I don't care how heavy he is, you can get your arm to move down that far) and one upward into his mid-line or around his knee. Roll to the side and lift with the low arm as you push with the high arm. I just did this again (to make sure I wasn't fabricating some memory) against my biggest student. He outweighs me by a good 80 pounds, and has very, very good base. It was absolutely no problem at all.

Also, good point about the difference between schoolyard tiffs between egomaniacs and real fighting for cause. More people should highlight that segment, print it out, and put it on the cover of their notebook.

More people need to realize that if they are indeed training to fight, that fighting itself is pretty uncomfortable. Paul Vunak used to tell me that good fighters are distinguished by their high pain tolerance. Pain tolerance is the product of hour upon hour of training with the mindset that you will simply be comfortable being uncomfortable. He's absolutely, unequivocably correct.
                  Good post, I'd like to add that if its impossible for her to turn and throw him off, BUMP!!!!! Thats one of the first techniques we use from escaping some positions, that creates a space, puts him off balance and gives you a chance to escape your arms OR you can throw him just like Mike said.

Some grapplers tried to use that on me but the bump usually threw them off and lost them the full mount.

Comment

Originally posted by BoarSpear
                    dude if this was the problem you were having im beginning to understand all the trouble you were having escaping....i might have to work on this escape awhile muh self...write in get some advice try again later...might not ever figure it out..
                    http://www.big-boys.com/articles/girlbeatsguy.html
                    Oh yeahhh, diggidy diggidy....that one looks reeeallll hard to get out of

Comment

I want people to keepin mind that a bumb may get the perp to move. The perp will also be punching, choking or slamming your head while you are trying to bump him off .

Comment

Working...
                      X