No announcement yet.

Fast belt advancement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe 10 hrs is not that much, but what I meant, it's about the intensity of your trainning. Like in my wing-chun school, sometime I prefered to be unconscious than to continue the training lol, but it always feel great to say that u went trough the training

Comment

I'd love to train 10 hours a week, but the most my gym offers is 3...
      It's a shame

Comment

I've advanced relatively quickly (at least, I believe it to be so) within a two year period. However, I have difficulty remembering earlier kicks, forms, etc. Now, I'm spending more time going back and fixing my mistakes. It's better to not rush yourself and try to fully focus on the lesson material at hand rather than worry about how long it will take.

Comment

Try and not worry "Too Much" about your belt color. Just practice in and out of the Dojang/Dojo. That way you won't get your ass kicked. It's embarassing to have a certain color belt and then get an ass Whooping. Just practice.

Comment

i dont think anyone should really worry about how fast it takes u to get there 1st degree. remember 1st degree is only the beginning of a whole new world in your training. obviously if your a 3 degree in 3 or 4 yrs in training i would start to question if this is really right. especially after Masters train for 50 - 60 yrs and hold 8 and 9 dans.

Comment

I wish the entire belt ranking system would go away.

Comment

I don't know if this really matters much, however my instructor's instructor in taekwon-do set the minimum time period between belt testing for 9 months... so my instructor for a white belt for 9 months before he tested for his yellow stripe and so on.... but then he went on later to teach self defence to the military and is one amazing fighter.

Comment

From one of my instructors-it took 6 years. And if you were under 17, you had to wait to turn near that age!

Comment

Some schools have more belts than others.
                    I can understand putting some time in between belts. One school here goes right from White to blue to brown to black. They do not have stripes at these low levels.

Other schools have white-yellow-blue-green-purple-brown-black. Each one with a separate stripe level. 12 belts before you even get to black-belt. They just pile the belts up in these schools.

In the former school that I was talking about they all have to wait a minimum of 90 days between tests, and its not uncommon to have to wait years if you are not prepared to pass the next level. In schools that have multiple belt levels they can promote faster because there is less to learn in between belt levels. It's easier to master a couple little things than a whole curriculum.

I dont think waiting long periods of time would be practical in schools that have 12 belts before you even get to black-belt. However it has to happen in schools that have less belts.

Comment

that is the point-the more belts, the more profits from testing

Comment

Working...
                      X